- To ensure trade unions comply with trade union legislation and to establish work responsible unions and gives benefit to members and workers.
- Provide advisory service over trade union legislation so that it can function efficiently, fair and effectively
- Study and check new rules registration applications or trade union alteration of rules.
- Study on reports complaint about strike; internal dispute ; misconduct allegations of trade union administrative, dissatisfaction on trade union election process and decide and take follow-up on that trade union.
- Study and check change of name application of trade union
- Issue the notice before cancellation certificate of registration under S.15(1)(b) or 15(2)(a) Trade Union Act 1959 and cancellation trade union certificate of registration.
- Monitor enforcement activities those carried out in Province Offices.
- Provide affidavit draft in cases judicature check